Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 13

Social Bookmarking--just one more thing 23 things has gotten me addicted to! I love this site and think it will be so helpful professionally and personally. I always want to bookmark sites because I know I will forget about them if I don't, but then I don't want to clutter my bookmark menu/toolbar on my computer. Also, the whole "how do I access my bookmarks when not using my own computer" problem is now solved.

I have installed the Delicious buttons and know they will soon be worn out (in the old sense of the word of course). I can imagine this being so helpful when using the Internet with my children. As they are so young, I never want to let them search the Internet by themselves, so I envision me screening websites and creating tags for them. Thus, my children will be able to click on my tags and safely be able to do their own research. I think this will also make sharing websites with other teachers on my team easy. We can look at each others' tags and easily find websites for certain units of study.

My only question now is, "how do I stop??"

(I guess the beauty of it is that I don't have to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment