Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 17

I could have used Rollyo in April when we were studying Australian animals! Oh how I need to go back in time, but I cannot WAIT to use this tool this year.

With my students being so young, it is difficult for them to do web research. First, I don't want them navigating the web by themselves and second, it is difficult for them to read/skim quickly and determine important/credible sites. This tool will help us so much. In fact, I remember thinking what a great idea it would be to narrow search sites to ones I had chosen. If I had only known...

I created a searchroll for my students to use to learn about Australian animals. I know this is a tool I will continue to use and tell my colleagues about. I enjoyed "exploring" the searchrolls already created and saved one about children's books. Can't wait to save and create more!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to make your search roll now and have it ready to use the next time you get to Australian animals. Will you promise to remind me to go back and use the tools discovered this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I think we will have to remind each other because we have learned about so many neat things it will be hard to remember everything.

    ReplyDelete