Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thing 14

Just explored Technorati. This site seems useful (of course) for navigating and keeping up with blogs and is a much needed tool. I did tag it using my new Delicious buttons and will probably come back to it a few times. However, I do have to admit, it is not one of my favorite tools that we have learned about. While simple and useful, I guess I'll have to next admit why it is not my favorite. This admission is probably breaking some sort of 23 Things rules, but I have to say the reason why it isn't my favorite is that I am not completely into reading or keeping up with many blogs (gasp, I know). There is just so much reading/news/friends/students to keep up with that blogs do not make it into my top raking important activities. I do want you to keep in mind that I like it and value it, it just isn't one thing I know I'll use a lot of.

I did register and claim my two blogs (23 Things and This Is The Stuff Adventures Are Made Of) and the widgets looked cool...particularly the news widget.

The feature of filtering by authority (any authority, a little authority, some authority, or a lot of authority) is one I will use, but I am interested to know who and how they decide that.

I am sure there would be some use for first grade children, but none is popping into my mind right away like it did for so many of the other tools. Does anyone have any thoughts on how (if) I could use this in my classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment