Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thing 22

Wow! As a Facebook participant/fan since college, I am excited to see this social networking piece. I have never heard of Ning, so was thrilled to learn about a new site like this. What a great way for teachers (and librarians) to communicate and share things. Like the article 7 things you need to know about Ning mentioned, using Facebook could be seen as intruding on private domain and I would have to agree. I like my Facebook life to remain my personal life. Thus, what a great solution by using Ning. All of the recommended Nings seemed like great online networks for various professional needs. I could see using these networks to post questions or get advice. What a great support system for new teachers and a great way to keep veteran teachers fresh!

However, as great of ideas/resources/networks as all of these are, I am wondering if it would become just one more thing to keep up with? I don't know about you all, but it takes all of my breaks to answer parent emails. Then, there are meetings. I get home and can barely return my personal email and keep up with projects, planning, and reading. When is there time to fit all of it in? I think Nings would be something that might slip through my top priority list.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't thought about using a Ning to keep personal life separate. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete