Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 10

I could spend hours doing this! All of these tools are great!

I created this cartoon on Comic Strip Generator found at http://www.txt2pic.com/toons/1.htm. The possibilities seem endless and I can't wait to share this tool with friends!


I tried to use the fake magazine cover maker, but I got an error message several times. I'll have to try that again later,because that could be really fun.

I enjoyed this one (http://www.fototrix.com/framer/)
where you could put frames around a picture. There were tons of great frames to chose from.

Image Chef I think is my favorite. I was reading Marty's blog and saw her word mosaic and had to create one of my own. So far, I think this will be the most useful tool for my children to use.

I also noticed a comment from Vicki on Marty's blog on Thing #10 about creating trading cards for a field trip to Austin, in particular for art in the Blanton. What a great idea! I could see using this tool for creating trading cards for art that we visit on our field trip to museums in Ft. Worth.

I certainly see many ways to use the image generating/altering tools, professionally, but also personally. I think, considering the age I teach, that it might be more useful for me to create images...but depending on the group, as the year goes on, I think the children could have some great fun with certain tools. We study poetry and the children particularly enjoy the shape poems, so this word mosaic could be great for that.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, neat ideas. Do you know how to print the trading cards and what size they print? -Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would love to print them. Not sure how to or what size right now, but will have to work on that. At worst, you could probably just pull the image up on the screen and print the screen then cut it out...but that wouldn't probably be the best if we wanted to do lots. We'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete