Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 8

Technology really can make your life more simple! As I said in an earlier post, I have trouble keeping up with all my news and new found blogs and don't often take as much time as I should to check each one. Thus, Google Reader is great! How have I never done this before!

When Vicki would talk about RSS feeds, I would kind of nod my head as I mostly understood what they were, but now I am addicted. I added my grad school site to keep up with news there and I put my dad's dispute resolution blog on there. It also makes keeping up with my friend's blogs so convenient!

3 comments:

  1. Hah! You go, girl! I love RSS because it saves me time! I usually read on Sundays during the school year, but try to check out my feeds more often during the summer. It will be fun to compare favorites at some point to see which ones you really like. I use Bloglines and I'm able to categorize feeds (travel, cooking, fitness, news, film, celebrity gossip, etc.) Can you do that on Google Reader?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You can actually do that on Google Reader too...it is at the bottom left underneath subscriptions...little blue words that say "manage subscriptions." Once you click on that, you can add different subscriptions to different folders. I even created a folder for all my 23 Things friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so let's remember now to get a few people together to compare our favorite feeds at some point.... When school gets going and things are crazy busy, I know I will forget this!

    ReplyDelete