Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing 5

I enjoyed exploring the Flickr site. I found it a little difficult to find useful things in The Commons, but was interested to look through the pictures. As a first grade teacher, I teach a lot about reading. Thus, I searched reading and found this picture from the 1910s. It is a library assistant telling a story to a group of Russian children in their native language. It could be interesting to show my kids pictures like this, but I guess I am still a little unclear on how Flicker Commons would be best used.


While copyright issues apply, I found it much more useful to search Everyone's Uploads.

But actually, I just figured out that there is a The Commons and a Creative Commons. Useful learning in itself. Thus, I just went back and searched Creative Commons and found this much more useful. We studied Australia this past spring and I found it helpful to show the children pictures of animals that lived there. I could see using Flickr to help toward this end next year.





6 comments:

  1. The Creative Commons area is the intended area for you to explore. we are trying to encourage the appropriate use of copy-right friendly materials. I hope with a little more time, you will find there are plenty of pictures you can use. As you visit the other blogs, i think you will see lots of exciting examples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to 23 Things ~ I am so happy you are with us!
    Check out my blog at
    http://moltobene52.blogspot.com/ On the right sidebar you will find other Lamplighter bloggers!
    Are you in Dallas still? If so, please join the rest of the gang for lunch this week:
    "Lamplighter bloggers!
    Let's have lunch at Corner Bakery Cafe (Preston and Forest) to talk about The 23 Things! Tuesday, July 21 11:30 a.m."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics! Hope you enjoy the 23 Things! My blog is at http://musicbethefood-cwhite.blogspot.com/
    See you soon...CW

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad that you are home from you summer adventure! Thank you for sharing your trip with us! If you have any questions about Library2play, there are a lot of expert bloggers! Claude, Vicki, and Anne just to name a few. And VWB is the QUEEN OF BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the lunch group today! It was good to see you. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great mentors you all are. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete