Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thing 11

Another great tool! This would be so useful for me to keep up with my classroom library. I love adding books to my ever-growing collection of children's books, but I always forget which ones I already have. Oh, it would also be great if I could get the children to help me review the books...helpful to me, but also great thinking for them.

I also love to keep up with books I want to read, but that list is always so big I usually forget what is on the list by the time I get around to reading something on it. Thus, I like the To Read and Wishlist sections for keeping books. The talk and group sections seem great too and I would love to look at those more fully when I am looking for books to read.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I agree with your uses for Library Thing. Wouldn't it be fun to get fourth grade to make their lists of their favorite books when they were learning to read and then let your students use it as motivation?

    Ditto, ditto about wanting to read so many things, but forgetting the exact title before getting to the library or bookstore. So frustrating! This could help! -Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for fourth graders to create something like that AND/OR even letting my first graders create these lists and save them from year to year! What a great idea Marty!

    ReplyDelete