Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing 9

I can't believe there are so many blogs out there. This was a little overwhelming searching through all of these different sites and search tools and feeds.

Which search tool was easiest?
I did like how Bloglines had one search box as the only thing that came up on the search page. Seems nice and simple. I was also a fan of the Google Blog Search. Maybe I am getting a little biased toward Google because I love all of their cool tools. I liked how this search had an obvious place to type in your search, but it also had top news stories clearly displayed and simple tabs to find more top stories.

Which was more confusing?
I found Syndic8.com more confusing and the more simple look of the site didn't help. Though I did find the 10 random headlines section fun.

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or unusual ones?
Edublogs' award winners was useful because it condensed good education blogs. I added the Lifetime achievement winner David Warlick's blog to my feeds. Also, I am excited to know what the feed icon is now. I have a feeling I will subscribe to many feeds in the upcoming weeks!

2 comments:

  1. BTW, meant to ask about how Isabella del Oso name came about . . . .???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Isabella del Oso was actually Nick's idea...Oso means bear in Spanish and Isabella, well that is like Elizabeth, as you probably know...thus, Isabella del Oso!

    ReplyDelete